THE INVISIBLE HAND of
THE “GOD OF CAPITALISM!
AMAZING STORY OF
GOD’S “PATHOLOGICAL MUTANT CAPITALIST GENE POOL”
FROM ADAM SMITH’S “lNVISIBLE HAND OF CAPITALISM IN 1759,
TO THE MARS LAUNCH OF THE EINSTEIN INFINITY PROBE IN 2047
AS EVOLUTION ACCELERATES HUMAN POPULATION TO PAST 10 BILLION
WITH THE LAUNCH OF THE “MARS to THE STARS!” MISSION FROM
THE NEW MARS COLONY IN 2047
from Adam Smith to Musk & Bezos
from Bogle to Hansen to Buffett
from Dalai Lama Way before The Big Bang to The Mars Probe Warning Being Way Beyond The Stars
“EVOLUTION OF OUR PATHOLOGICAL MUTANT GENE POOL”
Jack Bogle’s 2005 Battle for The Soul of Capitalism reads like a sci-fi thriller—Aliens, Predators, Interstellar, Terminator—racing headlong into multiple catastrophes. Bogle saw the early warning signs from inside, watching a “pathological mutation” is destroying The Soul of Wall Street and Main Street America (from within,” all cells, all traders, bankers, corporations, all regulators, politicans. I interviewed Jack several times for DowJones Marketwatch. The highly regarded CEO-Founder of the $7 trillion Vanguard, America’s favorite mutual fund company. A man of integrity, he was rapidly losing faith in our financial system. Adam Smith’s 1754 “moral capitalism” was dying fast. The pathological mutant gene pool was metastisizing, infecting investors, eating America’s Soul.
HOW “NARCISSIST CAPITALISM GOT CODED IN OUR GENES’
Richard Dawkins’ classic, The Selfish Gene, defined the new science of gene-centered evolution unfolding over billions of years. Dawkins’ later works, especially The Greatest Show on Earth, make clear “selfish” was more than a metaphor, it was the engine driving Adam Smith’ capitalist growth machine. Suddenly, economic growth was not only accelerating, but at a rapid, near-vertical trajectory, with widespread consequences, in creation of wealth and depletion of essential resources. And our basic human survival instinct was rapidly expanding into a new world of me-first competitors with an insatiable hunger to amass great personal wealth as capitalism’s ideology thrived on Smith’s economic theory of perpetual economic growth.
JARED DIAMOND, ANTHROPOLOGIST
ENDGAME PREPROGRAMED BEFORE “THE BIG BANG”
Jared Diamond’s Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed defines today’s accelerating worldwide trend: Population’s exploded tenfold in less than two centuries, driving industrial production, technology, innovation, consumer demand, food production, and wealth. Triggering new challenges, pollution, forest fires, superbugs, plastics, obesity, pesticides, and more, all driving the planet headlong into an unsustainable economic ideology, demanding perpetual economic growth while depleting a world of limited, nonrenewable resources.
NIALL FERGUSON, FIANANCIAL HISTORIAN:
EMPIRES LIVE LONG & PROSPER, THEN SUDDENLY COLLAPSE
Niall Ferguson saw evolution accelerating from his perspective as a financial historian. In his 2004 Colossus: Rise & Fall of the American Empire, he warned, “The challenges that face the United States are often represented as slow-burning. Threats seem very remote. History is at times almost stationary, but also capable of accelerating suddenly, like a sports car. What if collapse does not arrive over a number of centuries but comes suddenly, like a thief in the night?” He summarized his views of history in Foreign Affairs, empires function “in apparent equilibrium for some unknowable period, then quite abruptly, collapse.”
DANIEL KAHNEMAN, BEHAVIORAL ECONOMIST:
WE’RE ALL CAPITALISTS: NARCISSISTIC, PREDICTABLY IRRATIONAL, IN DENIAL
Daniel Kahneman, a psychologist, won the 2002 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences. His research dismantled Wall Street’s two centuries old myth of the “Rational Investor,” proving that all humans—investors, consumers, executives, all behave irrationally, too often acting against our best interests, betting on short term bandaids until it’s too late to solve the long term. Kahneman is clear about the limitations of the human brain: “We are not designed to know how little we know. We are blind to our blindness, with little idea of how little we know.” Yes indeed, blindness in programmed in our genes. As behavioral economist Dan Ariely put it, humans are predictably irrational, too often relying on outdated beliefs to today’s new reality.
THE REVOLUTIONARY CREATES A GOD WITH INVISIBLE HANDS
Adam Smith is the “Father of Capitalism.” In his classics, The Wealth of Nations (1776) and The Theory of Moral Sentiments, (1759) Smith went beyond the old economics that a nation’s wealth was not allocated to humans by “Divine Provence,” the “Hand of God,” tied up in its stockpile of gold and silver. Smith saw wealth created for buyers and seller in free exchange of goods and services, with markets regulating themselves naturally through supply’n’demand, competition and self-interest, with the power of capitalism benefiting all society. Smith’s capitalism was more that a metaphor, more than an economic theory. Smith created a new God with “Invisible Hands” empowering free markets to grow and succeed.
AMERICA’S CAPITALIST GENE POOL IS METASTISIZING
BILL GATES, BILLIONAIRE
WARNING: CAPITALISTS IN DENIAL OF WORLD’S #1 PROBLEM
Bill Gates’ Billionaires Club unanimously agreed the world’s #1 problem is population growth in 2009. Since then, however, Gates kept searching for an “energy miracle” that would save the world, even though his own “Sustainability Formula” concludes that it is impossible to achieve the goal of zero carbon emissions globally by 2050.
P.J. O’ROURKE: SATIRIST
ATOMIC RADIATION CREATING NEW MUTANT CAPITALISM
P.J. O’Rourke, a conservative political satirist and author of Give War a Chance, Eat The Rich and Holidays in Hell, recently added this gem of a dark scenario to evolution’s endgame as the U.S. Supreme Court keeps expanding it’s judicial version to America’s mutant capitalist gene pool by ruling in 2010 that corporations were “persons” with the same rights as humans. O’Rourke warns: “The New Mutant Capitalism: Thirty years ago, it was simple. Now, it’s as if someone took corporations and exposed them to atomic bomb test radiation … investors call them, Amazon, Facebook and Google.”
ROBERT KAISER, JOURNALIST
WE’RE ALL CAPITALISTS, IT’S IN OUR DNA!
- Kaiser’s “So Damn Much Money” focused on Washington lobbyists with a wide angle lens on the capital behind the American capitol’s lobbying machine. We are all capitalists, all 330 million. When we make economic choices … when the brain is motivated and must choose between getting personally richer today, or leaving an environment for our kids in the future. We are biased toward short-term self-interest results. It is our instinct for survival and instant gratification. This basic human decision-making process is in our blood, locked in our genes, driving our brains! The capitalism gene is in every consumer, car owner, 401(k) stockholder, laborer, government pensioner, entrepreneur, retiree, every American has the gene and they are adapting, growing, multiplying.
RAY KURZWEIL, INVENTOR
FUTURE IS NOW, ROBOTS ALREADY CONTROL
- Ray Kurzweil sees beyond Silicon Valley rapid stockpiling of its army with AI algorithms, the “genomes” for technology’s self-replicating robots. In fact, Google,Facebook and Amazon are already expanding control over human decision-making, part of the advance planning for “The Singularity” of 2047, when futurist Ray Kurzweil, like Asimov before him, see iRobots in control of the human species, our civilization, our planet, even a future without humans.
ALAN GREENSPAN: FED CHAIR
CAPITALISM’S #1 GRAVEDIGGER IS PROSPERITY
- The former Federal Reserve Chairman, was more direct, even contradicting Dalio, warning of America’s toxic obsession with perpetual growth. In his American Capitalism: A History: Greenspan warned: “By producing prosperity, capitalism creates its own gravediggers.” As A.I. algorithms inundate a social media cacophony worldwide, gravediggers accelerate, proving the trend is far more than a metaphor of zombies from an episode of “Fear the Walking Dead,” today more a reflection of the war between both mutant gene pools, with no winners, a contributing factor in the coming rise AI robotic dominance.
AMERICA’S MUTANT GENE POOL IS SELF-DESTRUCTING
ELIZABETH KOLBERT, SCIENCE WRITER
OUR HUMAN “MADNESS GENE” IS COMMITTING SUICIDE
- Elizabeth Kolbert’s 2014 The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History reinforced Bogle’s warning of “Pathological Mutation.” Kolbert called it a “madness gene,” driving humans to self-destruction: “It may seem impossible to imagine that a technologically advanced society could choose, in essence, to destroy itself, but that is what we are now in the process of doing.” Our DNA is blind, irrational and suicidal.
RAY DALIO: HEDGE FUNDS
YES, “CAPITALISM MUST EVOLVE OR DIE!”
- Ray Dalio, America’s leading hedge fund manager added more evidence last year in his new book Principles. Dalio opens with a warning to all capitalists, “I believe that all good things taken to an extreme can be self-destructive and that everything must evolve or die …This is now true for capitalism.” His warning would be more accurate if read “evolve and die!” reflecting more the reality of today’s acceleration of hyper-speed evolution. Why? Today’s world is populated with many principled Dalios … counterbalanced by an increased growth in unprincipled narcissists, dictators, oligarchs, authoritarianism and billionaires all driven by the same pathological “me-first” gene mutation, evidenced in Forbes tenfold increase in global billionaires in just three short decades. Indeed, new neuroscience research suggests neuroplasticity of the human brain increasing favors the unprincipled “me-first” mindset.
NAOMI KLEIN: ACTIVIST
THE ACCELERATING WAR, CAPITALISM VS CLIMATE
- Naomi Klein’s 2007 classic Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism, hit a nerve. In a DowJones MarketWatch review I called it the “best economics book of the century.” From that point on, my reporting shifted from the traditional economic, political and social impact to the impact of capitalism on global warming and climate change, the #1 threat to Planet-Earth’s survival in the 21st Century. Later Klein’s work expanded the warnings. As the evidence accelerated, the focus of my columns shifted dramatically, from rather basic financial strategies for investors to challenging the America’s capitalist ideology from inside, as DowJones-MarketWatch’s #1 traffic-generating columnist, armed with a PhD in Psychology, Juris Doctor and Masters in Regional Planning. Over the following decade the narrative of “$OUL$” began revealing itself in hundreds of my columns about Wall Street and capitalism seen through the new behavioral economics lens. Over the decade, the policies of my Wall Street Journal editors grew more heavily in favor of Big Oil, fossil fuels and science denialism. When I left I had been DowJones-MarketWatch’s #1 columnist, piling up and archive of 1,643 columns and six books.
EXISTENTIAL QUESTIONS, ZEN KOANS & MEDITATIONS
Einstein’s “God of Evolution” is Playing With Loaded Dice
WHY OUR GODS KEEP DREAMING OF ETERNAL GROWTH
ON A PLANET OF LIMITED RESOURCES
- $OUL$ narrative digs into life’s existential questions that theoretical physicists, theologians, and politicians also love puzzling over. Zenmasters call them koans, questions without logical answers, like what’s the sound of one hand clapping, or does a dog have Buddha nature … we ask, was our evolutionary code programmed to “blind us to how little we know,” to our biases … Why do we ignore the impact of evolution’s rapid acceleration the next generation? … Why do we minimize scientific data of an overheating planet? … Why do we love stories of a life on a New Mars Colony? … Was our DNA pre-coded to inevitably create and surrender to machines, to self-destruct” … Are humans programmed to eventually push a self-destruct button? … Was Planet Earth’s 13.7 billion year evolutionary process locked in before the Big Bang, even trapped with the evolutionary DNA energizing all Life.
SCIENCE, FACTS, REALITY & DENIAL,
NOTHING LASTS FOREVER
-Nothing lasts forever: All molecules, all cells, all individuals, all species, all civilizations eventually die. Even plants and star systems, some end of their evolutionary cycles accelerating, expanding rapidly, going Supernova, become the next Venus or Mars. Some systems disappear into black holes. Others brilliantly explode, showering eternity with billions of new stars and massive galaxies many times bigger than our Milky Way. Astrophysicists tell us our universe is likely to repeat these cosmic dramas. At the same time, psychologist also suggests our blindness may actually be an evolutionary gift in our genes that’s protecting us from the awesome terrors that our universe may eventually ignite Supernova.
HAWKING & THE DALAI LAMA AGREE ON OUR FUTURE!
ALBERT EINSTEIN: SCIENTIST
WANTS TO KNOW THE IRRATIONAL “MIND OF GOD”
- Albert Einstein thrived on contradictions, he was a Zen master a heart solving the ultimate Zen Koan—one of those impossible questions with no logical, rational answer. Einstein lived with a total awareness that “the human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe.” And yet, Einstein wanted to “know the mind of God, how he created this world!” So once again, we confront a core existential question: If not God, then who, why, what designed life’s evolutionary cycles, including our human species, to prosper, live, thrive and strive, to search for answers, to reach for the heavens and beyond, then inevitably self-destruct and vanish forever? Reality is not a story.
PLANET-EARTH HAS NO FUTURE, ONLY LIFE IN SPACE,
Some “mysterious force,” Einstein’s God of Evolution, pre-programmed all Life to eventually self-destruct and recreate itself. Locked it in our ancestor’s genes, a program is coded, now rapidly mutating into a bizarre pathological gene pool. This , fascinates scientists. Physicist Steven Hawking asks and answers the ultimate Zen Koan: The universe has the power to “re-create itself out of nothing, without the need of God.” And now that clock’s ticking faster, accelerating on a near-vertical trajectory. Hawking warns, our civilization has maybe a hundred years, the “human race has no future if it doesn’t go to space.”
DALAI LAMA’S KOAN
NO BEGINNING, NO ENDING … NO GOD
- The Dalai Lama’s cosmology in The Universe in a Single Atom, is identical to Hawking’s: Buddhist evolution repeats in endlessly renewing cycles, with no beginning, no ending and no divine being. As the Dalai Lama put it: “Even with all these profound scientific theories of the origin of the universe, I am left with questions: What existed before the Big Bang? Where did the Big Bang come from? What caused it? Why has our planet evolved to support life? What is the relationship between the cosmos and the beings that have evolved within it? … I am not subject to the professional or ideological constraints of a radically materialistic worldview. In Buddhism the universe is seen as infinite and beginningless, so I am quite happy to venture beyond the Big Bang and speculate about possible states of affairs before it.”
COSMIC SPLIT SCREEN: GOD’S HARMONY VS HUMAN CHAOS
- Joseph Campbell’s classic The Hero With a Thousand Faces offers a split screen of our God Koan in his “Paradox of the Dual Focus … From the perspective of the Source, the world is a majestic harmony of forms pouring into being, exploding, and dissolving. But what the swiftly passing creatures experience is a terrible cacophony of battle cries and pain.” And thanks to today’s accelerating social media contradictions, our “Chaos” driving us deeper into an ever-increasing and mind-numbing cacophony, echoing Kahneman, “We are not designed to know how little we know. We are blind to our blindness, with little idea of how little we know.”
Existential Questions, Meditations & Zen Koans
CAPITALIST’S PRINCIPLE OF “PERPETUAL ECONOMIC GROWTH”
ON A PLANET OF LIMITED RESOURCES
- $OUL$ narrative digs into life’s existential questions that theoretical physicists, theologians, and politicians also love puzzling over. Zenmasters call them koans, questions without logical answers, like what’s the sound of one hand clapping, or does a dog have Buddha nature … we ask, was our evolutionary code programmed to “blind us to how little we know,” to our biases … Why do we ignore the impact of evolution’s rapid acceleration on into the next generation? … Why do we minimize scientific data of an overheating planet? … Why do we love stories of a life on a New Mars Colony? … Was our DNA pre-coded to inevitably create and surrender to machines, to self-destruct” … Are humans programmed to eventually push a self-destruct button? … Was Planet Earth’s 13.7 billion year evolutionary process locked in before the Big Bang, even trapped with the evolutionary DNA energizing all Life? … Why can’t technology, artificial intelligence and capitalism solve these problems
SCIENCE, FACTS & GOD’S REALITY:
NOTHING LASTS FOREVER, EVERYTHING EVENTUAL DIES
- Nothing lasts forever: All molecules, all cells, all individuals, all species, all civilizations eventually die. Even plants and star systems, some end of their evolutionary cycles accelerating, expanding rapidly, going Supernova, become the next Venus or Mars. Some systems disappear into black holes. Others brilliantly explode, showering eternity with billions of new stars and massive galaxies many times bigger than our Milky Way. Astrophysicists tell us our universe is likely to repeat these cosmic dramas. At the same time, psychologists also suggests our blindness may actually be an evolutionary gift in our genes that’s protecting us from the awesome terrors that our universe may eventually ignite Supernova.
Storytelling, Fantasies, Delusions & Megalomania
Escape to The New Mars Colony, or Dreaming of Homo Deus
DOUGLAS ADAMS, HITCHERS GUIDE TO AN UNINHABITABLE UNIVERSE
- Stephen Hawking warns that our planet is on track to become The Uninhabitable Earth: “Our only chance of long-term survival is not to remain inward looking on planet Earth but to spread out into space … if we want to continue beyond the next hundred years, our future is in space.” And yet as we delay and minimize warnings, men like Musk, Bezos, even NASA are all inspired by hero stories, for Musk it was “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy,” full of beliefs we can simple relocate human civilization on Mars and continue human civilization forever, rebooting life anew in a New Mars Colony even launch ourselves into some distant planet after eons traveling space. Today millions thrive in these fantasies of a better tomorrow—out there we will outwit death, survive forever, rule the heavens as immortals, as the human gods.
YUVAL NOAH HARARI:
HISTORY BEGAN WHEN WE INVENTED GODS,
AND WILL END WHEN WE BECOME GODS
- Yuval Noah Harari reminds us of an age-old truth in his bestseller, Homo Deus: We are driven by the stories our minds create much more than hard facts and science. Farfetched? New science? Wishful thinking? Our collective fantasies, our myths, our belief systems, illusions and goals of the future are what really motivates us. “Stories” hold our most personal truths, become the collective. We see a better future, a Savior, Superman, Guardians of The Galaxy, Invisible hands, somebody, anybody save us from ourselves! So we’re endlessly searching, reaching beyond, like Icarus, flying for the stars, driven by stories held within us, stories we invent, stories we are convinced are true. As we inevitably downplay or dismiss evidence to the contrary, blocked by a blindness encoded in our DNA.
THE GREAT CAPITALIST GODS OF
TECHNOLOGY, FINANCE, POLITICS & NEUROSCIENCE
- Capitalism’s God Complex: “History began when men created gods, will end when men become gods,” says Harari. Today America’s most enduring collective myth is that our human civilization can and will be saved from self-destruction, reversing the fate of our rapidly overheating planet, thanks to a divine union of the Great Gods of Wall Street Capitalism and the Goddesses of Silicon Valley God Complex. Einstein did not get lost in such an illusion. His God of Evolution did not gamble on the fate of the universe. For him the endgame was fixed, programmed, and the dice were loaded. The god complex has been with us long before history, our fate is more like that of Icarus, our dream ends when the Sun burns us, we fall and sink in the oceans.
“Let There Be Light. And There Was Light!”
MICHO KAKU: PHYSICIST
SPACE IS NOT THE ETERNAL FRONTIER!
- Michio Kaku, a renown physicist sees bright side of all this. In The Future of Humanity Kaku tells us, “The Death of the Universe is Not the End of the Story!” Not the end of humanity’s story. Nor the end of Jack Bogle’s story of the “mutant capitalist gene pool.” In The Future, Kaku dives deep into a core existential issue confronting human civilization, issues he sees driving the plot in Isaac Asimov’s favorite short story, “The Last Question: Can Entropy be Reversed?” Is death really inevitable? Do we simply disappear? Or can humans become immortal, live forever? Kaku’s answer, a resounding yes. Harari believes that history ends when humans become gods, Kaku’s optimism springs from deep in the soul of a physicist, there ‘s yet another god.
YES, WE WILL BECOME GODS, RECREATE, START OVER
- Isaac Asimov’s story continues as billions of years pass, says Kaku. Generation after generation, humans always ask the same existential question, “Can entropy be reversed?” And over time The Master Computer becomes larger, more powerful, relocated to larger planets. Yet the same answer keeps from the Master Computer, “Insufficient data!” Finally, in the far, far distant future, “as the universe enters its final death throes, the Master Computer finally answers the Last Question, ‘Let there be light!’ And there was light!” … Suddenly, Michio Kaku’s vision of the “Future of Humanity” become real, in a booming voice to Kaku with a unexpected message: “Ultimately, the future of humanity really is to evolve into a god that can create an entirely new universe and begin again!” Echoing the visions of Steven Hawking and The Dalai Lama.
STAR TREK: “THE INNER LIGHT OF OUTER SPACE”
A PROBE FROM THE PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE
- The God of Evolution. In that final scene we see Asimov and Kaku’s “God” is the same as Albert Einstein’s “God.” Yes, and the same one that, paradoxically, Stephen Hawking and the Dalai Lama call “No God.” It is the light we see it best in Star Trek’s haunting “Inner Light of Outer Space.” There the Enterprise finds a probe floating in space, from a planet that went Supernova thousands of years earlier. The probe knocks Captain Picard on the floor unconscious. The crew fears he’s death, as the probe download’s its entire culture and history into Picard’s mind. He experiences a long life on that planet, raising a family, children, grand-children, working as a scientist, watching as his planet rapidly overheats. In the final scene, we see him shielding his eyes watching a space ship lift off, carrying the time-warp probe into space … then, Captain Picard is again alive in today’s time-space continuum, lying on the floor of his starship, awake, he returns, renewed, with the probe’s wisdom to pass on to future generations. The scene ends with memories of a lost civilization, with him playing the haunting sounds of the flute left in the probe. Yes, all our stories are metaphors, reflections of Einstein’s grand vision that the” distinction between past, present and future is an elusion, there is only the eternal now.
#1 Survival Skill for the 21st Century is “Meditation”
Meditations & Zen Koans on Living on a Dying Planet
RAY KURZWEIL, FIRST iROBOT
THE SINGULARITY CREATES A NEW SPECIES WITH NO GENES
- History of Capitalism: This book was originally conceived as a history of capitalism from Adam Smith’s 1759 Theory of Moral Sentiments to Kurzweil’s “The Singularity” of 2047. It’s a story best told as a memoir, a personal journey mainly experiences in and around Wall Street’s America for the past several decades, observations, life lessons, principles and meditations drawn from the lives of many thought leaders deeply concerned about the impact of evolution’s rapid acceleration. As Elizabeth Kolbert so succinctly put it: ““It may seem impossible to imagine that a technologically advanced society could choose, in essence, to destroy itself, but that is what we are now in the process of doing.”
JACK BOGLE, FUTURIST
MEDITATIONS ON THE LOST $OUL$ OF CAPITALISM
Jack Bogle’s “mutant capitalist gene pool” crystalized the concept for $OUL$. Yes, mutant genes were eating America’s Soul. Whether metaphor, neuroscience, cell-biology or a simple loose narrative tying my story together, mutant genes well described today’s out-of-control capitalism in Naomi Klein’s disturbing Capitalism and Climate, This Changes Everything as indeed it has. Billionaire climate activist Jeremy Grantham’s warnings really fueled the fire: “The planet can’t feed 10 billion in 2050. There is a great mismatch finite resources and exponential population growth.” All signs warns us, all bets are off, our civilization is committing suicide, deep in denial, can’t see it, too slow to act.
ADAM SMITH. MAN-GOD CREATER
THE PREDICTABLE IRRATIONAL GODS OF EVOLUTION
- Evolution is Out-of-Control: So many voices have coalesced as a narrative around evolution’s rapid near-vertical acceleration—perpetual economic growth, about our nation’s blindness, denialism and addiction to disinformation, fake news, about our myths and illusions, about better times in the past and future, trips away from living fully in the moment, today, in the eternal now. So as we go from person to person in our list of thought leaders we will summary their key basic messages as meditations, life lessons and principles to help readers decide how to to live in peace no matter what choices are made by the other ten billion living on Earth in 2047.
YUVAL NOAH HARARI
THE GODS OF CHAOS EVOLVE, COMMIT HARI-KARI
- In Bill Gates NY Times review of Yuval Noah Harari bestseller, 21 Lessons for The 21st Century Gates echoes Harari’s own conclusion that the first twenty lessons (everything from justice and terrorism to climate and technology) really cannot be solved by humans and that our “#1 Survival Skill for 21st Century is Meditation.” That meditation is not just a tool for dealing with today’s stress, anxieties and health issues it is our only savior. Earlier Einstein put it this way: “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” And yet humans continue to focus on near-term solutions and wishful thinking. For Harari meditation is the only real solution the #1 survival tool for living in a world of chaos. Harari also makes clear that meditation is not what you think, definitely not just sitting like a Zen Monk. Our research for our 2006 book Millionaire Meditation: Stress Management for Wall Street, Corporate America & Entrepreneurs, based on the Carl Jung and Myers-Briggs personality profile systems concluded that while sitting meditation works best with 20% of Americans, for the other 80%, action meditations are already in widespread use,
over 230 million American men and women. (http://FlawedBuddhas.com/)